Easy Biltong and Pepperdew Loaf
Make sure you have loads of fresh butter on margarine the table when serving this delicious bread – the combination of spicy biltong and sweet pepperdews works fantastically!
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 15 ml Robertsons Parsley
- 200 g Mayonnaise
- 1 sachet KNORR Three Cheese Sauce
- 15 ml Baking powder
- 350 g Cake flour
- 100 g Biltong powder
- 50 g Peppadews chopped
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place cake flour, baking powder and contents of sachet of KNORR Three Cheese Sauce into a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, Robertsons Parsley, chopped pepperdews, milk, egg and biltong powder.
- Mix well for half a minute until the ingredients are almost combined but not completely – be careful not to over mix as this will cause the bread to be heavy.
- Place the mixture into a greased loaf tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the loaf is well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Insert a skewer into the centre of the bread to test if done.
- Carefully remove from the tin and allow to cool before slicing.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook