Creamy Gnocchi with Pesto, Bacon and Mushrooms
Kids can get bored with pasta dishes – add this gnocchi dish to your weekly meal planner and watch how well the Italian dumplings go down!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 500 g Fresh Italian potato gnocchi
- 15 ml Sunflower Oil
- 250 g Bacon
- 1 Punnet Button Mushrooms
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 sachet KNORR Bacon Carbonara Flavour Pasta Sauce
- 15 ml Basil Pesto
- 30 ml Creme Friache
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Boil a pot of salted water and place gnocchi into the boiling water.
- After a few minutes the gnocchi will start to float to the surface of the pot, this will take about 4 -5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the gnocchi from the boiling water and set aside – the gnocchi is now cooked.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the bacon until crispy then add the mushrooms and fry until tender.
- Add the milk, KNORR Bacon Carbonara Flavour Pasta Sauce and basil pesto and stir well to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce then add the gnocchi and simmer for a further 5 minutes to heat through.
- Stir in the Crème fraîche, spoon into bowls and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook