Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pie
This Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pie is sure to be a yummy treat – plus, it’s a great way in which to get the kids to eat their veggies!
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 1 Whole cooked (roasted) chicken
- 250 g Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Sweet corn
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 ½ Cup Cream
- 1 Cup Frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp Cake flour
- 1 Packet of puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Remove the skin and bones from the cooked chicken. Cut the chicken meat up into cubes and set aside.
- Fry mushrooms in a little oil until cooked then add the sweet corn and peas and stir through.
- Add the cake flour and mix through thoroughly then stir in the milk until a roux is formed.
- Let the mixture cook slowly for about 5 minutes then add the chicken and KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and leave to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix through thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into an oven proof pie dish, cover with puff pastry, glaze with milk or egg and bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with a salad or beetroot and voila! Enjoy!
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook