Creamy bread sauce
A traditional British accompaniment with a creamy, comforting taste – bread sauce compliments chicken recipes perfectly.
- Recipe serves8-10
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time10 minutes
- 600 ml Milk
- 1 Robertsons Bay Leaf
- 1 Onion, peeled
- A few Robertsons Whole Cloves
- 1 Pinch Robertsons Nutmeg
- 15 g Margarine
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 200 g White ‘day old’ breadcrumbs, finely processed
- Place the milk into a saucepan.
- Cut the onion in half and use the cloves to secure a bay leaf to it. Add this to the pan.
- Add the margarine, a pinch of nutmeg and the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot to the pan, bring to the boil and stir to combine.
- Remove the onion and stir in the ‘day old’ breadcrumbs.
- Cook slowly for 5-6 minutes to thicken the sauce and then pour it into a serving jug.
- Cover the jug with cling film and keep somewhere warm until it’s time to serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook