Cottage Pie with Sweet Potato Mash
A classic dish with a South African twist – sweet potato is a firm favourite and a versatile vegetable, ideal for a number of dinner ideas!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 30 ml Worcester sauce
- 250 ml Water
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 400 g Beef mince
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 30 ml Margarine
- 1 sachet KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 800 g Sweet potatoes
- 400 g Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wrap the potatoes in tin foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or in the microwave until cooked through.
- In the mean time heat oil in a pan and fry onion and garlic until tender.
- Add beef mince and fry until well browned.
- Add button mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes, KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce, water and Worcester sauce and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- When potatoes are cooked unwrap, remove skins and mash with margarine until smooth.
- Transfer mince to an ovenproof casserole dish, top with mashed potato and place in the oven for 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook