Citrus and herb roasted turkey
An aromatic roast turkey made with zesty citrus and fresh herbs – your guests will give you rave reviews and are sure to have seconds!
- Recipe serves8-10
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time165 minutes
- 1 orange, halved
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 60 ml Chopped fresh herbs (fresh thyme leaves, sage, parsley and/or rosemary)
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 2.5 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 5 kg Turkey, giblets and neck d (keep aside to use if making a gravy)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Squeeze juice from ½ of the orange and set aside.
- Dissolve the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot in a little boiling water and combine in a bowl with the chopped herbs, olive oil, orange juice and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture under and over turkey skin.
- Arrange the remaining ½ orange and onion inside cavity of turkey the place the turkey into a roasting pan on rack.
- Roast the turkey for 45 minutes then decrease the temperature to 180° C and roast for another 1 hour.
- Baste the turkey often during roasting and turn the pan around in the oven.
- Continue roasting until meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reaches 70°C, about 1 hour.
- Remove turkey from the roasting pan and keep warm until serving.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook