Chorizo and Halloumi Balls
The mild, salty flavour of the halloumi gets some spicing up from the chorizo - a great dinner recipe if you have guests coming round.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 90 g Cake flour
- 1 KNORR Creamy Three Cheeses Sauce
- 2.5 ml Salt
- 1.25 ml Robertsons Nutmeg
- 125 g Butter
- 250 ml Water
- 100 g Chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 160 g Halloumi cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Oil for frying
- Place the water, butter, Robertsons Nutmeg and salt in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Once the butter has melted and the water is boiling, stir in the KNORR Three Cheese Pasta Sauce and cake flour using a wooden spoon over a high heat until the dough leaves the side of the pot, then cook for a further two minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one has been added.
- The dough may separate but will reform as you continue to beat.
- Fold the chorizo and grated halloumi into the dough and mix well.
- Shape dough into small balls about the size of a tbsp.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and drop the balls into the oil, turn continually until they are puffed and golden.
- Drain on paper towel and serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook