Chicken, Tomato and Pea Stew
This chicken recipe lets you use up those frozen peas that have been sitting in the freezer and makes a simple and affordable family meal!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time55 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 500 g Chicken pieces, cut in half
- 2 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 3 tbsp KNORR Stew Granules
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until soft and pasty.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown well on all sides then stir in the tomato sauce.
- Add the water, stir well and bring to the boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Add the KNORR Stew Granules and frozen peas, stir well and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Adjust the flavour with a little sugar if necessary.
- Serve with rice or pap.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook