Chicken, Chickpeas and Chorizo Stew
This easy chicken dinner recipe will enable you to create a full flavoured, rich stew that requires little effort or preparation.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 15 ml Cooking oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 150 g Chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 500 g Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml Water
- 30 ml KNORR Brown Onion Soup
- 45 ml water
- Heat oil in a pot and lightly sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the sliced chorizo sausage and fresh tomatoes and allow to fry until the chorizo is well coloured and has released its oils.
- Stir in the cubed chicken breast and fry until golden brown and just firm.
- Add the chickpeas, tinned tomatoes and water, stir to combine and allow to simmer gently with the lid on for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the KNORR Brown Onion Soup with the water (45 ml) to make a smooth paste and stir into the stew, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Delicious served with couscous
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook