Spicy Chicken Kebabs with Lentil Rice
Spice up your evening with this classic combination of creamy yoghurt, chicken and spices – perfect for an alfresco dinner with a glass of wine!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 1 sachet KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 175 millilitres plain yoghurt
- 100 millilitres Water
- 20 millilitres Tikka paste
- 500 gram Chicken Breast fillets, cut into strips
- 8 Small Kebab Sticks, soaked in water to prevent them from burning
- 250 gram Rice
- 1 Tin Lentils, drained
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 3 Tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 Cucumber
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix the contents of the sachet of KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce with the plain yoghurt, water and tikka paste until combined.
- Thread the chicken fillet strips onto the kebab sticks then pour the tikka yoghurt mix over the kebabs and allow to marinate, covered, in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Boil the rice in lightly salted water until done, drain and then set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, mix the cooked rice with the lentils and 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander.
- Place the kebabs in a preheated oven for 20 minutes and finish under the grill to brown.
- While the kebabs are cooking mix the tomatoes, spring onion, chilli, cucumber and remaining coriander together to make the salsa.
- Serve the kebabs on the lentil rice and top with salsa.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook