Chicken Cacciatore Cooked in a Bag
Looking for tasty chicken recipes? Try this Italian-style braised chicken dish in a tomato sauce with white wine, onion and anchovies.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 10 ml Robertsons Sweet Basil
- 10 ml Sugar
- 4 Anchovy fillets, chopped
- 50 g Black olives, pitted and sliced
- 125 ml White wine
- 1 Tin peeled and diced tomatoes
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 KNORR Cook-in-Bag Garlic and Rosemary
- 4 Chicken thighs
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place chicken thighs in the roasting bag with the onion and season with dry KNORR mixture.
- Hold the bag closed and gently massage KNORR mixture into chicken and onion on a stable surface.
- Add the tomatoes, white wine, olives, anchovies, sugar and Robertsons Sweet Basil and close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 50 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Carefully cut the bag open and transfer to a serving dish with any remaining sauce that is in the bag.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook