Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff
This recipe uses fat-free yoghurt, and chicken fillets instead of beef, but it still has all of the classic meaty flavour, thanks to Knorr!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- 15 ml Cooking oil
- 1 Green pepper, sliced
- 400 g chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 125 g Button mushrooms, sliced
- 75 ml White wine
- 175 g Plain fat free yoghurt
- 300 ml Milk
- 5 ml Wholegrain mustard
- 1 KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 5 ml Robertsons Parsley
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- Lightly sauté onion and green pepper in oil in a heavy based pan until soft.
- Add the chicken fillet strips and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft and all the liquid released by the mushrooms has simmered off.
- Add the white wine and allow to cook until the wine has reduced by half.
- Stir in the yoghurt, milk and wholegrain mustard together with the contents of the sachet of KNORR Beef Stroganoff Cook-in-Sauce and allow to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste then stir in the parsley and serve over rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook