Cheesy tuna souffle
This soufflé recipe is just so easy - and is sure to tantalise the taste buds. Don’t forget your KNORR Classic White Sauce!
- Recipe serves1-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tins tuna in brine, drained
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1 sachet KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 300 ml milk
- 30 ml Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Margarine, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Using a pastry brush paint the inside of 6 soufflé ramekins with softened margarine.
- Add a little grated Parmesan cheese into each ramekin and swirl the cheese around so as to coat each ramekin with Parmesan, shake out any excess.
- In the meantime place the milk into a measuring jug and heat in the microwave for two minutes.
- Remove from microwave and whisk in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Classic White Sauce until smooth.
- Pour the prepared white sauce into a mixing bowl and add the egg yolks, tuna and cheddar cheese – mix well to combine.
- Place the egg whites into clean grease free mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Stir one third of the egg whites into the tuna mixture then carefully fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared soufflé ramekins and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately with a fresh garden salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook