Cheesy Mince and Polenta Bake
Polenta is a delicious Italian staple that can be served savoury or sweet. Your family will love this cheesy savoury mince version!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 15 ml Sunflower oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 3 Carrots, peeled and grated
- 400 g Lean beef mince
- 50 g Tomato paste
- 1 sachet KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 tin Chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 250 ml Water
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- For the Polenta:
- 250 ml Water
- 2.5 ml Salt
- 250 ml Polenta
- 75 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bring water and salt to the boil in a large pot over a high heat.
- When boiling reduce the heat and gradually whisk in the polenta.
- When the polenta is starting to thicken change to a wooden stir and continue to stir for about 8 minutes to cook the polenta then stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into the base of a greased oven proof casserole dish using the spoon to even out the polenta across the base of the dish.
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the onion and carrots until soft.
- Add the beef mince and fry until well browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste and contents of the sachet of KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes and water and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the mince is cooked spoon it into the oven proof casserole dish on top of the polenta base, top with grated cheddar cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook