Cheesy corn stuffed gemsquash
Gemsquash is one of South Africa’s most popular vegetables – try out this simple recipe for Cheesy Corn Stuffed Gemsquash with a twist!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 4 Whole gem squash
- 15 ml Sunflower oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 1 Tin creamed corn
- 1 sachet KNORR Creamy Cheese Sauce
- 500 ml Water
- 150 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Steam or boil whole gem squash until tender for 15 to 20 minutes then allow to cool before cutting in half and removing the seeds.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the tin of creamed corn and stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Creamy Cheese Sauce and water.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon the corn mixture into the gem squash halves then top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Place under the grill until the cheese has melted and is bubbling and serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook