Butternut, Sweet Potato and Basil Soup
Boost the flavours of butternut and sweet potato with basil pesto to create a truly memorable soup that is perfect for the whole family.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 30 ml Oil
- 30 ml Margarine
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves, crushed garlic
- 5 ml Robertsons Cinnamon
- 500 g butternut, peeled and cubed
- 500 g Sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 30 ml Honey
- 1 l Water
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 15 ml Basil Pesto
- Heat oil and margarine in a heavy based pot and fry onions and garlic until soft.
- Add Robertsons Cinnamon and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour.
- Add butternut, sweet potatoes and honey and stir well.
- Add cold water and KNORR Vegetable stock pot into the pot, bring to the boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until the butternut and sweet potato are soft.
- Remove pot from the heat and blend with a stick blender until smooth then return to heat and stir in the Basil Pesto and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with a swirl of fresh cream and serve with crusty bread.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook