Beef and Guinness Pot Pie
This hearty Beef and Guinness Pot Pie is the perfect comfort food for the colder winter nights! It is certain to become a firm favourite.
- Recipe serves2
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 200 ml Water
- 2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 500 g Rump steak, cubed
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup Frozen peas
- 15 ml Sunflower oil
- 1 Punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 200 ml Guinness Beer
- 1 sachet KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 Roll ready-made puff pastry, defrosted
- Milk, for brushing pastry
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion until lightly browned.
- Add the cubed rump steak and brown well then add the carrots and mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the contents of the KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce together with the water and Guinness, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Transfer the beef mixture into two oven proof rectangular pie dishes.
- Unroll the puff pastry onto a lightly floured surface and divide the pastry in half.
- Using a sharp knife score the surface of the pastry to give it an attractive appearance and cut a small “V” shape into the centre of each pastry lid and flip it over to allow the steam to escape from the pies while baking.
- Place the pastry lids on top of the beef filling and firmly press the edges down to seal.
- Place the pies into a preheated oven for about 7 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve with salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook