American Beef Burgers with Bacon and Cheddar
It’s time to take your favourite beef recipes back to basics. Treat your family to indulgent beef burgers - perfect for Friday night dinner!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 400 g Beef mince
- 1 Onion, grated
- 1 Egg
- 1 sachet KNORR Homestyle Meatball Kebabs Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 2 Onions, finely sliced
- Oil for frying
- Pinch Sugar
- 4 Hamburger buns, halved
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 4 Rashers cooked streaky bacon
- 4 Slices strong mature cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix the beef mince, grated onion, egg and the contents of the sachet of KNORR Home-style Meatball Kebabs Dry Cook-in-Sauce (no need to add water) together and shape into patties.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a heavy-based frying pan and sauté the onions until soft and sticky, adding a pinch of sugar and salt to taste.
- Set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same pan and fry the burger patties for about 4 minutes then transfer to an oven tray and cook in a preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Butter the hamburger buns and layer with lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, beef patties, cheese, bacon and cooked onions.
- Serve with various condiments such as barbeque sauce and tomato sauce.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook