Creamy Fish Stew
Simple fish recipes can be tough to find. This different yet tasty recipe shows you how to make a stew using fish instead of red meat.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 15 ml oil
- 1kg Frozen fish fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 250ml Cake flour
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken & Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 30ml Tomato paste
- 30ml Chutney
- 1 Pinch Robertsons Rosemary
- 10ml Finely chopped parsley
- 400ml milk
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sautè the onions and green peppers for a few minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice over it and roll in flour.
- Fry the fish until browned on both sides.
- Add the onion mixture, milk, KNORR Chicken & Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce, tomato paste, chutney and rosemary.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is done and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Scatter the parsley on top and serve with rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook