Pumpkin and Butter Bean Soup
This delicious soup made with pumpkin, butternut, potatoes and sugar beans then served with hot crusty bread is ideal for Sunday lunch or dinner
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 10 Sage leaves, chopped
- 2 lt water
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 g Pumpkin, cubed
- 400 g Butternut, cubed
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 100 g Celery stick, sliced
- 200 g Tinned butter beans, drained
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200 g Bread, sliced
- Place pumpkin, butternut and potato in a large saucepan and pour in the water and KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet contents.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 min or until soft.
- Remove from the heat and drain, reserving the liquid.
- Roughly mash the pumpkin, butternut and potatoes with a fork, return to the pan with the reserved liquid and add the beans.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic and celery and fry for 2 min.
- Add to the soup with the sage and pepper and heat through.
- Serve hot with crusty bread.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook