Creamy Beef with Mushrooms and Broccoli
Served on mash or rice, this simple beef dish flavoured with garlic, mushrooms and sour cream is perfect for cold, winter evenings.
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time90 minutes
- 25 ml Oil
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g Button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 300 ml Water
- 250 g Broccoli
- 500 g Stewing beef, cubed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 200 ml White wine
- 1 sachet KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 100 ml Sour cream
- In a pan heat the oil and brown the beef cubes evenly.
- Add the garlic, onions and mushrooms, fry until the onions are glossy.
- Add the KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce, water and wine.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1-1½ hours or until the meat is tender, adding more water if needed.
- Add the broccoli 10 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Stir in the sour cream just before serving.
- Note: For a healthier option use plain yoghurt instead of the sour cream, but blend with 15 ml cornflour before adding.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, then turn down the heat.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook