Butternut soup should be at the top of your list of soup recipes. Hearty and creamy, it’s perfect when paired with fresh, crusty bread.
- Recipe serves1-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 1 litres Water
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 1 kg Butternut, peeled and chopped
- 2 Medium onions, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 packet KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 10 ml Stork margarine
- 1 Small chilli, finely chopped (or use more if you like!)
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt
- 125 ml Cream
- Zest of one lemon
- 100 g Feta cheese
- In a roasting pan place butternut and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in a preheated 180°C oven for 40-45 minutes or until soft.
- In a pan melt the margarine and fry the onions and garlic until just soft.
- Add the roasted butternut, KNORR Chicken a'la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce packet contents and water.
- Bring to the boil, cook for about 5-10 minutes to allow flavours to develop and soup to thicken.
- Add the zest, chilli and cream.
- Remove from heat and blend with a stick blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot garnished with crumbled feta cheese.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook