Potato, Bacon and Blueberry Bread
This is a rather special bread for those celebratory meals with family and friends
- Recipe serves6 to 8
- Preparation time120 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 30 ml Honey
- 10 ml Instant yeast
- 325 ml Lukewarm water
- 25 g Stork baking margarine
- 4 cups Cake flour
- 75 g Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 sachet KNORR Sour Cream and Chives Potato Bake
- 2 Potatoes, peeled
- 4 Rashers bacon, chopped
- Oil for greasing
- In a bowl sift together the flour and KNORR Sour Cream and Chives Potato Bake
- Stir in the dry yeast.
- Rub in the margarine until the consistency is like breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the water.
- Use a round bladed knife to cut in the liquid and form a dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes, then cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Knock the dough back and gently knead out air bubbles.
- Knead the blueberries into the dough.
- Roll the dough into a square and place in a greased 23 cm square pan.
- Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water until tender.
- Drain, allow to cool, then slice.
- Arrange sliced potatoes and bacon over the bread.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Bake in a preheated 200°C oven for 1 hour.
- Remove bread from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook