Corned Beef and Veggies with White Sauce and Capers
Beef recipes often require hard work. However, here’s a tasty dish that will quickly become a favourite weekend supper.
- Recipe serves6-8
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time90 minutes
- 6 Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 30 ml Chopped parsley
- 500 ml Milk
- 1,5 - 2 kg Corned beef
- 300 g Cauliflower florets
- 2 Packets KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 30 ml Capers
- 45 ml Brown sugar
- 2 Robertsons cloves
- 3 Robertsons Bay Leaves
- 2 Star anise
- 6 Robertsons Peppercorns
- 8 Baby onions
- In a large saucepan place the corned beef, sugar,Robertsons bay leaves, star anise,Robertsons cloves and peppercorns.
- Add enough water to completely cover the meat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the carrots, baby onions and cauliflower, simmer for a further 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- In a jug empty the contents of both packets of KNORR Classic White Sauce.
- In a pan heat the milk to almost boiling, then pour it, whisking with a fork, into the jug.
- Mix until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the capers and parsley and serve immediately.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook