Bacon And Egg Pie
Ideal for a Sunday brunch or perhaps a special Easter breakfast, this recipe is easy to prepare and packed with delicious flavour.
- Recipe serves4 to 6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 30 ml oil
- 200 g bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400 g roll short crust pastry, thawed
- 1 packet KNORR Three Cheese Sauce
- 6 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- 400g roll puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten for brushing
- Preheat oven to 210°C
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the bacon and onion until bacon is cooked and onion is soft.
- Lightly grease a large, deep pie dish.
- Roll out the first roll of shortcrust pastry and line the pie dish.
- Place a piece of greased kitchen paper over the pastry and fill with beans or rice.
- Bake blind in a 210°C oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Arrange the bacon and onion over the cooled pastry.
- In a bowl beat together the KNORR Three Cheese Sauce powder, eggs and cream.
- Roll out the second roll of puff pastry and get it ready to put on top.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and top with the pastry.
- Decorate with left-over pieces of pastry, and brush with extra beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook