Durban Lamb Curry
Tender lamb infused with curry, garlic and ginger - delicious!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time80 minutes
- 1 Sprig fresh curry leaves
- 800 g Stewing lamb, cubed
- 2 Jam tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 Large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tsp Crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 sachet KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 2 Medium-sized potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the onion and curry leaves until the onion is soft and golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger.
- Add the meat and brown.
- Add the contents of the sachet of KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce and 400 ml water.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and about 60 ml water, cover and simmer for about another 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender and potatoes are cooked.
- Add the coriander leaves towards the end of the cooking time.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook