Delicious Cape-Style Bobotie
Savour the flavour of the Cape with this all-time favourite.
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 3-4 Robertsons bay-leaves
- 250 ml Milk
- 60 ml Apricot jam
- 410 g Tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 500 g Ostrich or beef mince
- 30 ml Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 125 ml Raisins
- 2 Slices white bread
- 2 Large eggs
- 400 ml Water
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the onion until almost soft.
- Add the mince and cook until it changes colour.
- Mix the KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce contents with 400 ml water and stir into the mince, adding the lentils, raisins and apricot jam.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Dip the bread in the milk and squeeze gently before breaking into the mince mixture.
- In a jug lightly beat remaining milk and eggs.
- Place mince into a greased ovenproof serving dish.
- Top with egg mixture.
- Arrange Robertsons bay-leaves on top.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 30-45 minutes or until egg has set.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook