Tomato, Mushroom and Bacon Breakfast Bake
A great start to the day with three favourites - bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- 12 Thick slices low GI bread, crusts removed and cut into triangles
- 250 g Rindless, lean bacon bits
- 300 g Cherry tomatoes
- 4 Extra large eggs
- Fresh basil leaves
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 1 cup Low-fat milk
- 250 g Large brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sachet KNORR Cheese and Bacon flavour Potato Bake
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Overlap bread triangles in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry bacon and mushrooms until slightly cooked.
- Place bacon and mushroom mixture as well as the tomatoes on top of bread, allowing some mixture to fall in between the slices.
- In a jug beat together milk, eggs and KNORR Cheese and Bacon flavour Potato Bake packet contents.
- Pour over the bread.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes or until the liquid has been soaked up.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 30 minutes or until liquid mixture has set.
- Serve topped with fresh basil leaves.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook