English Lamb and Potato Hotpot
Traditional English fare just like Gran used to make! A traditional Lancashire-style hotpot, made with stewing lamb, carrots and potatoes.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time120 minutes
- 500 g Stewing lamb, chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 3 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 550 ml water
- 1 KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 5 ml Mustard
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a large casserole dish and layer the meat, onion, carrots and potatoes, ending with a layer of potatoes.
- Mix together water and the contents of the sachet of KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-In-Sauce.
- Add mustard and pour over the potatoes so that the liquid almost covers the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 1 ½ - 2 hours until the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Serve with red cabbage and pickles.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook