Baked Burritos with Beef, Beans and Cheese
Served with guacamole and sour cream, this easy recipe for traditional, Mexican-style baked tortillas makes the perfect half-time snack.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 500 g Beef strips
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 350 ml Water
- 400 g Tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 Flour tortillas
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 Jalapeno chillies, sliced for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a frying pan heat oil.
- Fry beef until brown, add onion, tomato, KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet contents and water.
- Simmer until thickens, then remove from the heat and stir in kidney beans.
- Spoon mixture into the centre of the tortillas.
- Top with carrots and cheese.
- Fold the sides in and then roll the tortillas up.
- Place on a greased baking tray keeping the seam underneath.
- Brush with oil, sprinkle with cheese and jalapeno chillies.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with fresh guacamole and sour cream.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook