Three-Cheese Chicken, Pesto and Pasta Bake
For all chicken fans, here's an easy-to-make pasta bake that's big on taste.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 1 ½ Cups Whole-wheat penne pasta, uncooked
- 300 g Baby spinach leaves
- 15 ml oil
- 200 g Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Sachet KNORR Three Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 15 ml Basil Pesto
- 2 Small tomatoes, chopped
- 60 ml Cream cheese
- 1 Pinch Robertsons Salt and Pepper to taste
- 250 ml Grated mozzarella cheese
- 30 ml Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Cook pasta following packet instructions, adding spinach to the boiling water for the last 1 minute.
- In a pan heat oil. Fry chicken until brown.
- Prepare KNORR Three Cheese Pasta Sauce following packet instructions.
- Stir in the Basil pesto.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream cheese and seasonings.
- Add the sauce to the chicken.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and spinach. Add to the chicken mixture.
- Stir in ½ a cup of mozzarella cheese. Spoon into a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook