Prawn and Haddock Fish Pie
An easy, delicious seafood pie topped with a coriander-flavoured mashed potatoes.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 2 tbsp Stork margarine
- ½ Onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh chives
- 1 sachet KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 100 g Cooked, peeled prawns
- 700 g Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 Robertsons Bay Leaf
- 2 Sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Robertsons Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 350 g Skinless firm haddock fish fillets, cut into cubes
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 1,5 Litre ovenproof dish.
- Put potatoes and a pinch of salt in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Place Stork margarine and coriander into a food processor and process until fine.
- In a medium pot, mix together 300 ml milk and sachet of KNORR Classic White Sauce.
- Bay leaf, onion and parsley sprigs, whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf, onion and parsley.
- Stir in the fish, prawns, chopped parsley, chives, lemon juice and seasonings, spoon into the ovenproof dish.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain well and mash with the coriander-margarine mixture and low-fat milk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mashed potato evenly over the creamy fish mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook