Crispy Potato, Carrot and Marrow Cakes
Here's an easy way to get your kids to eat their veggies! But first, get them to make these tasty potato, carrot and marrow cakes with you.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 700 g Potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 Medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 Baby marrows, grated
- ½ Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch Robertsons Alantic Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 1 sachet KNORR Three Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 5 ml Basil Pesto
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 45 ml Oil for frying
- Par-boil the potatoes with the carrots for 10 minutes.
- Drain and leave to cool.
- Grate the potatoes and carrots into a bowl.
- Stir in the baby marrow, onion, seasonings, KNORR Three Cheese Pasta Sauce sachet contents, basil pesto and egg.
- In a frying pan heat a small amount of oil.
- Add dessert spoonfuls of the mixture, fry, turning over after 3 minutes.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve as a snack or as a vegetable accompaniment to a meal.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook