Phyllo Pastry Cups with a Brie and Mushroom Filling
Looking for an impressive romantic dinner party starter? Then these phyllo pastry cups are just the thing.
- Recipe serves12
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 1 Cup Stork Margarine
- 1 KNORR Cheese and Bacon Potato Bake
- 200 Gram Assorted mushrooms
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Wedge Brie cheese
- 1 Barrel Box frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- Melt 25ml of margarine in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Sautè mushrooms with garlic until tender.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the remaining margarine in the microwave and stir in the KNORR packet contents.
- Cut the phyllo pastry into squares (10-12cm) to fit into the muffin tins, and brush each square with melted margarine mix.
- Layer 4 squares in each muffin tin hole, remembering to brush in between.
- Spoon the mushrooms into the phyllo cups and top with a slice of brie.
- Sprinkle lightly with fresh thyme leaves and repeat for 12 cups.
- Bake the cups for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
- Tip: when using phyllo pastry, remember to keep it covered at all times as it will dry out very quickly and will become unusable.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook