Peach and Almond Chicken Casserole
Made with peaches and peppers and topped with blanched almonds, this delicious chicken casserole has a sweet and savoury tang to it.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 ml Water
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Sherry (optional)
- 115 g Mushrooms
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 60 g Blanched almonds
- 30 g Margarine
- 15 ml Cooking oil
- 1 Small tin sliced peaches, reserving the juice
- 8 Chicken pieces
- Brown the chicken in a little oil.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the margarine to the pan and add nuts and fry until browned.
- Remove the nuts and keep on one side.
- Add onions, peppers and mushrooms and chicken pieces to the same pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add sherry and lemon juice.
- Add KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce to the pan and pour in 300 ml water and add the reserved juice from the peaches.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add peaches and nuts to the pan and serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook