Creamy Fish Chowder
Looking for fish recipes that are simple to prepare? Give this dish a try – it’s a classic combination of haddock, potatoes and white wine.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 30 g margarine
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken a la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 500 ml milk
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml white wine
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 400 g haddock, bones removed and broken up into large chunks
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ cup chopped chives
- Heat the margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until starting to soften (do not allow to brown).
- Add the contents of the sachet of KNORR Chicken a’la King Dry Cook-in-Sauce and cook, stirring for 1 minute, ensuring the flour does not brown too much on the base of the pan. Gradually add the milk, whisking until smooth and combined. Add the stock and wine and continue to stir for another 3-4 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Bring to a simmer (do not allow to boil) and add the potatoes. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
- Add the haddock. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir through the salt, pepper and chives. Serve immediately with some homemade crispy toasts.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook