Home-Made Mini Pizzas
Get your kids involved with dinner by making their own pizzas from scratch. The dough is fun to make up and roll out and they can select their own toppings.
- Recipe serves4 to 6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- For the pizza dough:
- 300 g flour, sifted
- 1 KNORR Three Cheese Sauce
- 1 sachet instant yeast
- 5 ml sugar
- 5 ml salt
- 250 ml warm water
- 15 ml olive oil
- For the pizza topping:
- 250 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60 ml oil
- 150 g shaved ham
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- Watercress leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- To make pizza dough, combine flour, KNORR Three Cheese Packet Sauce, yeast, sugar and 1 tsp salt in a large bowl.
- Combine warm water with olive oil and stir into dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, until dough becomes too firm to stir.
- Using your hands, work dough into a ball, then turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into an oiled glass bowl.
- Cover with cling film and a clean tea towel.
- Leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until mixture doubles in size.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface, punch down and knead lightly.
- Grease a few baking trays.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 balls and roll out each piece into a rough circle.
- Place on prepared trays.
- Brush combined oil and garlic over each pizza base, leaving a 1 cm border around edges.
- Top with mozzarella, ham, red pepper and onion.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until pizza is golden and base is crisp.
- Top with watercress, if you like, and serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook