Cheesy Butternut, Apple and Onion Bake
Spice up tired butternut recipes with this Cheesy Butternut, Apple and Onion Bake. It will be ready to enjoy in just 45 minutes!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 1 whole butternut, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 KNORR Roast Chicken Gravy
- 300 ml boiling water
- 250 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Layer half of the butternut, apples and red onion.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Prepare the KNORR Chicken Gravy by adding 300 ml boiling water to the powder and stir until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Pour half of the chicken gravy over the top then sprinkle half of the cheese.
- Layer with remaining butternut, apple, and onions.
- Pour remaining KNORR Roast Chicken Gravy over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Take out and sprinkle with crispy bacon and remaining cheese.
- Return, uncovered, to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook