Rustic Sausage Hotpot
The kids will love this sausage hotpot made with rice and a variety of peppers.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 1 Red pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 Yellow pepper, cut into thick strips
- 400 Gram Can diced tomatoes
- 2 Cups Brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 2 Onions, halved and sliced
- 500 Gram Beef sausage or sausage of your choice
- 15 Millilitre olive oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan.
- Add sausages and cook, turning regularly, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the pan and slice thickly.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining oil, onions and peppers to the frying pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add rice, tomatoes, KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and sausages.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Set aside, covered, for 15 minutes (this allows rice to complete cooking).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon hotpot into serving bowls.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook