Green Thai Chicken Curry Pies
Your family will love the home-made taste of these green chicken curry pies - enough to feed four hungry tummies!
- Recipe serves4 - 6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 15ml Peanut oil
- 15ml Green curry paste
- 400 ml Can coconut milk
- 1 sachet KNORR Roast Chicken Gravy
- 4 Chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 800 g Butternut, deseeded, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150 g Baby spinach leaves
- 15 ml Fresh lime juice
- 15 ml Brown sugar
- 10 ml Fish sauce
- 1 Egg, lightly whisked
- 1 Roll ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1 Cup Rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken cubes and fry until lightly golden brown.
- Add the coconut milk, KNORR Roast Chicken Gravy powder and bring to the boil.
- Add the butternut and reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the spinach, lime juice, sugar and fish sauce, and stir until spinach just wilts.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Spoon the chicken mixture among four 250ml dishes.
- Brush the edges of the dishes with egg.
- Top each pie dish with a layer of pastry and lightly press the edges to seal.
- Use a small sharp knife to trim any excess pastry and cut 2 slits in the top of each pie.
- Brush the tops with egg.
- Place the pies on a large baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Remove from oven and serve with rocket.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook