Guinness Pepper Beef Pie
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time60 minutes
- Cooking time240 minutes
- 5ml Mustard sauce
- 1 Kg Stewing Beef
- 2 Onions, roughly chopped
- 30ml Olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Robertsons Black Peppercorns, ground
- 1 sachet KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 4 Robertsons Bay Leaves
- 1 Bottle Guinness Beer
- 1 Roll puff pastry defrosted
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the beef cubes and if necessary brown in batches adding a little extra oil if required.
- Add the mustard, contents of the sachet of KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil then transfer to an oven proof casserole dish and place in a preheated oven for about 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Divide the meat up in ovenproof bowls.
- Cut circles of puff pastry to fit on top, making a slit in the top with a knife to allow steam to escape Brush with a little milk or egg yolk, and bake at 200 C for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffy and golden brown.
- Serve with golden brown potato chips and a green salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook