Lamb Mince and Bean Pie with a Polenta Crust
A combination of onion, red pepper, garlic and chilli turn this ordinary meal into something special.
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 170 ml Milk
- 410 g Tin red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 400 ml Water
- 1 KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 Red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional, leave out if serving to children)
- 3 Cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 500 g Lamb mince
- 10 ml Olive oil
- For the polenta crust:
- 125 ml Polenta
- Robertsons Salt
- 400 ml boiling water
- 125 ml grated Cheddar cheese
- Mince: In a frying pan, (with oven-safe handle for grilling in oven later), heat oil and brown mince, onion, pepper, garlic and chilli.
- Stir in the KNORR Fresh Ideas Spaghetti Bolognaise and water.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans.
- Polenta Crust: In a large microwave-safe bowl or casserole, combine milk, polenta and Robertsons salt until blended.
- Whisk in water.
- Cook in microwave on High for 7-8 minutes.
- After 4 minutes whisk vigorously until smooth (mixture will be lumpy at first).
- Stir 2 more times during cooking.
- Mixture should be soft, thick and smooth.
- While polenta is cooking, preheat the grill of your oven.
- Spoon the prepared polenta over the mince in the frying pan.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place under the grill until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook