Smoky Chicken, Mushroom and Bacon Casserole
Button mushrooms, bacon, cream and mustard give this chicken casserole a delicious taste and creamy texture.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 1 sachet KNORR Chicken and Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1.5 kg Chicken thighs, skin removed
- 5 ml Wholegrain mustard
- 200 ml cold water
- 200 ml cold milk
- 4 Rashers rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 250 g Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125 ml Cream
- 2 tsp Lemon thyme leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place chicken into an oven proof dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until sizzling.
- Add mushrooms and bacon.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 – 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add milk and water to the pan and stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Chicken & Mushroom Pan Dry Cook-in-Sauce together with the cream and mustard.
- Stir until combined then bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat.
- If you're using lemon thyme, stir it in.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with steamed rice and green beans.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook