Hot and Spicy Beef Curry
This beef curry made with green chillies, masala and turmeric has a bit of a bite in its flavour and tastes decadent topped with coriander and served with steaming basmati rice.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time90 minutes
- 15 ml Vegetable oil
- 4 Onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 Piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 15 ml Coriander seeds
- 15 ml Garam masala
- 5 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 1 Pinch Salt to Taste
- 1 Kg Stewing beef, cut into 2 cm pieces, excess fat removed
- 4 Large fresh green chillies, sliced
- 400 ml cold water
- 1 KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 Green pepper, quartered, de-seeded, thinly sliced
- 250 ml Low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- 250 ml Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- 250 ml Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
- Place the ginger, garlic, coriander, garam masala, turmeric and salt in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until a smooth paste forms.
- Add to the onion and cook, stirring.
- Add the beef, chilli, water and sachet contents of KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-In Sauce and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 1½ hours or until beef is tender.
- Add the green pepper to the beef mixture and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Divide curry among serving bowls.
- Top with yoghurt and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook