Roast Rack Of Lamb with Lentils and Spinach
Impress guests with this special meal - it not only looks good, but it also tastes amazing.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time80 minutes
- 1 kg Rib rack of lamb, trimmed of all but a thin layer of fat (8 - 10 pieces)
- 600 g Washed baby spinach
- 15 ml Finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1,25 l water
- 250 ml Red wine
- 500 ml Black lentils
- 45 ml olive oil
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Stalk celery, tough fibres d and finely chopped
- 1 Robertsons Bay Leaf
- 1 packet KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 3 Large cloves garlic, sliced
- In a pan heat 15 ml of oil.
- Fry the onion, carrot and celery until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the lentils and Robertsons bay leaf and sauté for 3 minutes, coating all the lentils.
- Add the red wine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring, until the mixture becomes dry.
- In a large bowl combine the KNORR Fresh Ideas Country Hot Pot powder and water.
- Add ½ a cup to the lentils at a time (like cooking risotto), letting the lentils absorb the liquid with each addition.
- Repeat, stirring the mixture constantly.
- After 45 minutes to 1 hour the lentils should be tender.
- Add extra water if needed.
- Rinse and pat the lamb dry.
- Rub with 15 ml of olive oil.
- Season with Robertsons salt and pepper, then press the rosemary into the flesh.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes at 200°C.
- While both the lentils and meat are cooking, prepare the spinach.
- In a large pot heat the remaining oil.
- Fry the garlic until just translucent but not brown.
- Add the spinach and sauté for 2 minutes, then cover and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until completely wilted.
- Season with Robertsons salt and pepper.
- Slice the rack into cutlets
- On large dinner plates, arrange a bed of lentils and a portion of spinach, then place the lamb on top of the lentils and serve
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook