Cheesy Cannelloni with Cream and Herbs
Fresh herbs and crushed garlic add a touch of Italian to this simple yet tasty dinner recipe for cheesy cannelloni.
- Recipe serves1-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 100 g Fresh parsley or chives to garnish
- 250 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 sachet KNORR Classic White Sauce
- 250 ml Milk
- 250 ml Cream
- 410 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml Water
- 500 g Lean beef mince
- 10 ml Margarine
- 2 Medium onions, chopped finely
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 packet KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 15 ml tbsp Robertsons herbs (thyme, oregano, sage)
- 2 packets Cannelloni pasta tubes
- In a pan melt the margarine and fry the mince until it changes colour.
- Add the onions and garlic and allow to cook.
- Add the KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce, water, tomatoes and herbs.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Sauce: In a small pan place cream and milk.
- Bring to the boil, remove from heat and stir in the KNORR Classic White Sauce.
- Whisk until smooth.
- To Assemble: Place a little of the meat sauce in a greased baking dish.
- Use a tsp to fill the cannelloni tubes with mince mixture, and arrange in dish.
- Top cannelloni with any remaining meat sauce, then pour prepared white sauce over, followed by cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Before serving garnish with parsley.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook