Roast Karoo Lamb Shanks with Tomatoes and Wine
A winning recipe to bring back memories of the Karoo.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time120 minutes
- 1 sachet KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1.6 - 1.8 kg Lamb shanks
- 250 ml Leeks, chopped
- 30 ml Tomato paste
- 400 ml water
- 410 g tin of tomatoes
- 250 ml Red wine
- 250 ml Carrots, chopped
- 250 ml Onion, chopped
- In a large cast iron pot heat oil and brown the lamb shanks one or two at a time.
- In a jug combine the tomatoes, KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce, water, red wine and tomato paste.
- Arrange all the lamb shanks in the pot or another suitable ovenproof baking dish.
- Add the carrots, leeks and onion.
- Pour the liquid over and bake in a preheated 220°C oven for 1 ½-2 hours.
- Test to see if cooked.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook