A family favourite with a twist - but make plenty and store for the days ahead.
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time720 minutes
- Cooking time150 minutes
- 500 g Dried beans (preferably kidney, but sugar or butter will do)
- 1 KNORR Country Hot Pot Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 120 ml Sugar
- 2.5 ml Robertsons Pepper to taste
- 2 Large rashers of bacon
- 30 ml Vinegar
- 2 ml Robertsons Salt
- Tomato sauce to taste
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Wash them then boil in fresh water with the bacon rashers for about 2 hours or until soft.
- While cooking, check that there is enough water to just cover the beans or drain a little if necessary.
- In a jug combine the remaining ingredients and add them to the beans, cooking for a further 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the bacon before serving.
- May be served hot or cold, or can be bottled in sterilised jars.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook