Using corn, marrows and carrots, create these tasty vegetable fritters and for extra flavour serve with a home-made salsa.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 40 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 225 ml Flour, sifted
- 1 KNORR Cheese and Peppercorn Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- 125 ml Buttermilk
- 30 ml fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Avocado, finely diced
- ½ Red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ Lime, juiced
- 1 Small red pepper, diced
- 500 ml Frozen corn, thawed
- 2 Small carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 Medium babymarrows, grated
- 45 ml Oil, for frying
- 125 ml Grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Using your hands, squeeze out excess moisture from baby marrow.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add carrot, corn, red pepper, parmesan and cheddar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in flour and the packet contents of the KNORR Cheese & Peppercorn Sauce.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk and salt and pepper together in a jug.
- Add to vegetable mixture and mix until well combined.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Use ¼ cup as a measuring guide for the fritters when pouring the mixture into the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden and firm Transfer to a wire rack and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining fritters.
- Serve with salsa
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook