Big Beef Braai Burgers
We all enjoy a hearty beef burger, and this one is the best of them all. Ideal for lazy Saturday afternoons or quick and easy dinners.
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 500 g Lean beef mince
- 1 Egg
- 4 Portuguese rolls
- 3 Red onions, sliced
- Rocket or lettuce leaves
- 1 sachet KNORR Homestyle Meatball Kebabs Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 125 ml Sweet and Spicy Bottle Sauce
- 45 ml Stork margarine
- 60 ml Sugar
- In a bowl mix together the mince, dry contents of the KNORR Homestyle Meatball Kebabs Dry Cook-in-Sauce sachet and egg.
- Shape into 4 burger patties.
- Place in the fridge until needed.
- Braai or grill the burgers for about 5-6 minutes on each side depending on thickness.
- Towards the end of cooking start to baste with the sweet and spicy bottle sauce.
- Toast the rolls.
- Heat margarine in a saucepan, fry the onions until soft, add the sugar and allow to caramelise.
- Serve the burgers on the hot rolls with rocket and caramelised onions.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook